Re: Sebring 12 hour

To: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Sebring 12 hour
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 05:18:47 -0800
Roger Garnett wrote:

> On  2 Feb 97 at 20:00, John A. Rollins wrote:
>
> > ...correct about the Sebring date in conjunction with the 12-hour.  SVRA is
> > NOT part of the 12-hour program at all!  The change came at the request of
> > Chrysler who felt more comfortable with HSR.
>
> Tit-for-tat? This might seem to match the loss of Mid-Ohio from the HSR
> calendar, reportedly at the request of SVRA. Too bad, as  Stories of HSR at
> Mid-Ohio always seemed to report more track time, and lower cost than the SVRA
> event.
>
> What I want to know, is what will become of the Sprite-Mini Challenge on the
> East Coast- I've been hoping to attend, and run my Bugeye with more than the 3
> or 4 Sprites at a time I've been able to so far.
>
>  ________________________________________________________________________
>  Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.wayward.team.net/
>                   "The Wayward Sports Car Centre"
>       "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
>        sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
>         "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."
Roger:

The story I got through the "vine" is that Sprint, the sponsor of the
SVRA event at Mid-Ohio, was the instigator of the removal of HSR from
the Mid-Ohio calendar.  Apparently they thought it "detracting" from
their event.  Whether they did this on their own or not is still not
known - I might have proposed the HSR event be moved to AFTER the SVRA
event (in order that it not pose said detraction) but that did not seem
to be an option.  Joe obviously does not agree with Mid-Ohio's decision
but is moving forward.

The "Legends" exhibition went very well at Daytona.  The main point
brought up during the driver's meeting was that no one do anything to
"screw up the October date" at the track.  We left only one car stranded
(electrical and, no, actually it was a Porsche 935... not something
British) and there were no incidents.  October should be fun - gear
HIGH!!!

Good things seem to be happening for Joe and HSR - about time!

*8o)