Re: Sebring 12 hour

To: DOUG WILSON <dwilson@america.net>
Subject: Re: Sebring 12 hour
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook_gmi@wcnet.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 10:32:48 -0800
DOUG WILSON wrote:

> HSR has managed to obtain the "Vintage" slot for the Sebring 12 hour IMSA
> event. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has ever
> particiapted in this event with a histroic car. Is it worthwhile ? Are rooms
> available ? Any other comments.
>
> Doug Wilson

Hi Doug,

I just received the latest HSR brochure and it looks like they are in
fact signed up for the 12 Hours event.  I don't quite know how it's
going to work with both HSR and SVRA have events at the same track at
the same event.  Could be interesting!

Having attended the SVRA event in 1995 and 1996 at Sebring I've got to
disagree with Susan in that I felt we got lots of track time.  Granted
it's at odd times and on odd days, but my records show just as many
hours on the engine as any other vintage event.  Plus the venue is
classic.  Just lots of fun and excitement!

Susan is right about rooms, so if you are interested, call right away
and be prepared to pay a premium, even for the Kennilworth which is kind
of a dump.  The infamous third floor (no phone, no TV, and maybe no
reading light) at the Kennilworth might still be available and rooms go
for about $80.

I've got a conflict this year otherwise I would be there, it's a great
time.  And with two vintage events it could be double the fun!

Jeff Snook
Battle of Britain Racing