Re: FYI: Lime Rock Vintage Fest TV broadcast schedule

To: Kdoc111@aol.com
Subject: Re: FYI: Lime Rock Vintage Fest TV broadcast schedule
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 17:28:20 -0500
Hear! Hear!

Agree with your comments about the poor TV coverage of vintage events.  Last
year's Palm Springs coverage was an improvement over the stop-action BS they
did the year before.  The coverage of the Reno Vintage GP was abominable.

I think the problem is that no-one associated with producing these shows are
"car guys", and THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE what they're looking at!!

On the other hand, they need SPONSORS, who also generally don't know an Alfa
from a Aardvark.

Part of the blame also has to fall on the organizers and participants, as
they need to provide the producers with CAR INFO, DRIVER BIO'S, PR PACKAGES,
ETC.  The TV people aren't going to go out and reasearch this data on their
own.  I ususally take some PR packages to each race, but other than the
announcer, there is rarely anyone to give this info to, with little or no
effort to coordinate collecting it and getting it to the press and media that
might be at events.

Myles H. Kitchen
Lotus Cortina #128