Re: Games?/SGI

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Games?/SGI
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 23:03:23 -0400
> To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Games?/SGI

>  Does anyone know if there are any racing games for an SGI (Onyx)?

Hmmmm. If I had one of those at home, I might get interested in games!

Reminds me of a visit to one of my customers a few years ago, Evans &
Sutherland. Got to see what a REAL simulator was. Fractal-synthesized skies
from weather data, images projected on the insides of 50 foot (or so) domes.
I saw the simulators being built for Helicopters and docking a Battleship!

Made the Lunar Lander seem awfully crude! (another customer - from 1969)

Advantage of being in a funky high-tech biz...

Jim Hayes @ fotec,inc. the fiber optic test equipment company
jeh@fotec.com                               151 mystic ave.
http://www.std.com/fotec                  medford,ma 02155-4615
ph:1-800-537-8254 (US,Canada) 617-396-6155 fax: 617-396-6395
Web Home Page: http://www.std.com/fotec