Re: Monterey Historics Report

To: favres@engmail.ulinear.com, malcox@napanet.net
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics Report
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:11:14 -0700
        He and Moss did have a pitched battle of epic proportions.

This is turning into a grudge match, I suspect. Last year, the three of them
(Moss, Morgan, Porsche - sorry, I don't have my program handy) ran
nose to tail at the front of the group for 9 laps; they were busy
lapping the field and Moss bobbled going into 11 allowing both
the Morgan and the Porsche to get by.

This year, much the same happened - even though the groups were reformulated
so they weren't the fastest in the group, they were running very
close. I was at 9 and could see the front straight - there was
at least one time when the Morgan got around Moss at 11 only
to be outdragged to S/F! (I'm not sure if the Sprite has a 948 or
a 1275, but the Morgan has got at least 2138cc....). Once again,
though, the Morgan driver made the pass at 11 stick at the very end.

Pretty amazing, indeed.