Accusump

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Accusump
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.Coh.ORG>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 96 17:14:52 pst
     I have a TR4A-IRS racing in vintage with VARA.  There are two or three
     tracks that I seem to have an oil pressure problem with.  They are
     always left hand turns with high side loads.  I'm certain its "high
     siding" the oil pump.  I've manufactured some oil pan baffles and
     lately,  with a quart of additional oil.  Problem is not as frequent
     but, persists.

     I bought an oil accusump and installed it directly to an oil galley.

     Question?  This oil is not prefiltered and particles can score the
     side walls of the accusump.  How to pre-filter this oil best?

     Thanks in advance;
     Mordy Dunst
     mdunst@smtplink.coh.org