Re: AC Bristol

To: Don Chapman <plips@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: AC Bristol
From: "Brian Evans" <brian.evans@quest.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 08:42:53 -0700
Don Chapman wrote:

> A good friend of mine(let's call him Bob) just acquired an AC Ace-Bristol,
> ser.# BEX332, engine # 663D.  The car was severely damaged by fire recently,
> which motivated the previous owner of 35 years to sell. Bob wants to restore
> this car as his personal driver.  He has extensive experience restoring most
> everything British, but The AC is new to him.  The body is gone, as is the
> interior.  The chassis, engine, transmission and most of the suspension is
> salvagable.  It would be a shame to part out the car.  We at the Purple Lips
> Racing Team are going to help Bob restore the car.  Could anyone direct us
> to reliable sources of parts, advice, etc.?  Also, what is the proper name
> for this car?  Is it an Ace, a Bristol, an Ace-Bristol or what?

A gentleman named Percy Adler, in the 'near Toronto' region of Canada, is
expert at fabricating aluminium bodies, frames etc.  i know this only
because I was at his shop one time and he was creating from scratch an
exact replica of an AC Cobra, including all of the body.  I don't know
how to reach him, but could find out if you wanted.

Cheers
--
Brian Evans
Major Account Manager