Re: AC Bristol

To: plips@teleport.com (Don Chapman)
Subject: Re: AC Bristol
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 96 9:43:14 PDT
> to reliable sources of parts, advice, etc.?  Also, what is the proper name
> for this car?  Is it an Ace, a Bristol, an Ace-Bristol or what?

I'd like some clarification on this myself.  Last year there was a
Bristol powered Ace parked next to my car at the Palo Alto Brit car
meet.  My son was asking me about the car and I was explaining to him
that it was an Ace.  At that point the owner came over and very
emphatically correct me, saying that his car was an AC Bristol.

Perhaps this fellow mis-spoke and meant to say Ace-Bristol, or maybe AC
Ace-Bristol?  The ACOC refers to them as Ace-Bristols, but even so, it's
still an Ace, right, so wouldn't just calling it an Ace be correct?
Or is it considered proper when referring to an Ace to always include
the engine to distinguish from other types?

Roland