tvr

Re: Bumpsteer (long)

To: tvr@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bumpsteer (long)
From: mfciannavei@sasaki.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:51:51 -0400

Marc Ciannavei@SASAKI
09/16/98 11:51 AM

 I purchased uprights with steering arms from a Herald (1959? drum brake
car) and found that the steering arms were shorter. I welded up the holes ,
redrilled them, and installed the taper to the opposite side. I then
mounted the left arm on the right side and vice versa. The attachment at
the upright required some minor grindingof the arm, removal of the brake
dust shield and the installation of spacers  and washers to fit the arm to
the upright. It reduced the bumpsteer to less than 1/4". The shorter arms
also makes the car turn in quicker, although it felt a little twitchy on
the highway but I got used to it. It may not be the best solution but it
seems to be working OK.

Marc
70 Vixen LVX 1589/4

GRIFF65@aol.com on 09/15/98 09:22:07 PM