[TR] 3B Update

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] 3B Update
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:55:24 EST
Hey Guys & Gal,
For what it's worth I would like to give the List an update on the Ole Lady
TR3B.  For those of you that are 60's generation folks, you see she is my
"Chestnut Mare".  I have "Given her my Brand and we will be Friends  for Life".
"Byrds".

Pieces/Parts is a good description presently.  The frame/suspension  are
separated with the suspension parts on my bench in various states of Powder
Coat.
I love that Eastwood Kit, it keeps me busy and out of the Bars. Rear  axle on
the floor of the garage, wheels out to get re-painted, new tires yet to  be
ordered.  The frame is at the blasters awaiting a fresh coating of Gloss  POR
15. Boxes of TR3B also take up another spot on the floor of the garage  and
include everything that was once a good running car except the Engine and
Gearbox which is fortunately needing nothing and under cover in another
location.

Then there is the Body.  Unfortunately, the Body needs a lot of  work.  My
metal man, Terry, a retired gentleman and good friend promises to  do it right
this time since it was not done right before.  Several area's  of pop riveted
patches will need corrected and new floors are in order.   New Powder Blue
paint will be the finishing touch hopefully in time to get her  back on the
Road
by June so I can take her on a Ride to the TRA National  Meeting.

Ole Boy, We have to Go Some!
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org