[TR] Support the Small Guy: Was - TBI Conversion Update

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Support the Small Guy: Was - TBI Conversion Update
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:42:45 -0500
 When I read Aaron's response below, I realized that we, myself included,
tend to do a good job of telling the List when we do something new and
asking for help if needed. But once we've completed our project, we rarely
follow up on our happiness or unhappiness with it. We've got some very
talented people producing parts and systems to improve our hobby. Just off
the top of my head: Uncle Jack Drews, Justin Wagner, Frank Fisher, Joe
Alexander, Fred Thomas, Richard Good, Rick Patton and, of course, Dan
Masters. Those are guys I've bought from, or are about to, and every one of
them produced a high quality product that I'd recommend to anyone. Granted
every one of them produce products that make your car "not original" so
they're not for everyone.

It's been over 2 years since I installed Dan's wire harness and I haven't
had a single electrical gremlin, hiccup or blown fuse. Plus, everything
electrical on my car actually works: glove box light, trunk light, flash to
pass etc. It's a great improvement and is actually less expensive then the
ones from the "Big 3".

I've had Justin Wagner's silicon gasket on my car for about 4 years now,
maybe longer. It's been on and off about 4 times (they're re-usable) and not
once has so much as a drop of oil escaped from the valve cover. I've got oil
leaks everywhere else but not valve cover!

I'd love to know if anyone has installed Uncle Jack's upgraded stub axles:
how difficult was it, any noticeable improvement, still happy?

So.......I haven't turned the key yet or driven my car with the TBI
conversion but I will report back.........if for new other reason then to
keep new Listers informed of options available to them.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Converting to Throttle Body Injection
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org