[TR] RE:Anal retentives and Trailer Queens.

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@Autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] RE:Anal retentives and Trailer Queens.
From: "Martin Sukey" <trmarty@glwb.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:24:51 -0500
Okay, eventually there will be no one in the hobby/sport/diversion
except the anal-retentives. :)
Membership is declining _because_ of this anal-rententiveness which
benefits, mostly, the people who have the most money to hire people to
do the things they cannot do themselves and whose only object is to
produce a perfect example of something that was not perfect when it left
the assembly line.

It might appear this way because you tend to only see the cream of the crop
at these events. I have been to quite a few events and it is safe to say
that my car is probably the rattiest TR6 that shows up and I'm pretty sure
the modifications make the purist amongst us cringe but you know what, it's
still fun. Hey if you dont like my rust holes move on and look at something
nicer they are easy to find. Its a bunch of fun swapping lies about the cars
with everybody that has a common interest that you only get to see once
every year or so. VTR and the rest of the events don't HAVE to be all
trailer queens and fully restored cars. It can only happen if the beaters
stay away. I say bring that well worn Triumph out and park it along with all
the others, if nothing else it will help me lower the curve:)

Marty