[TR] TRA Judging was Carpet Mats

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com
Subject: [TR] TRA Judging was Carpet Mats
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:43:04 EST
In a message dated 1/14/2007 7:46:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
standardtriumph@btinternet.com writes:

Oh,  dear. I thought that Club 'back-stabbing' (if this is what Darrell's
remark is supposed to mean?) and within the same marque, was restricted  only
to the UK. C'mon Darrell - lighten up, please. There's enough tension  in the
Triumph world as it is at a clubs level and I find that very  disheartening.

Jonmac

John,
My intent was not to cheap shot TRA at all.  It may have come out that  way
and I apologize.  I was responding to Andy and over the years we have  often
discussed how thorough TRA Judging is and I have always actually  supported it.
My choice of words was not appropriate to the general List  and could easily
be misinterpreted.
Let me just now say that TRA, BY FAR, is the most professional place  to have
a TR3 or TR4 judged for originality in the US. Yes, they do allow  for period
equipment and are very fair in the evaluation of an owners  effort.  They do
not favor "Trailer Queens" and encourage all owners to  drive their cars
whilst allowing for some reasonable wear and tear.   Anyone, who has seriously
pursued Concours would know this.
Sometimes, I assume that I am communicating with Triumph owners who can
appreciate both sides of the street.  My Bad since it appears that I have  once
again fueled the anti-concours fire.
Sincerely,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org