Re: [TR] Can we "do" ZDDP again?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Can we "do" ZDDP again?
From: "Jeff Fenwick" <jfenwick1@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:52:25 -0500
No, didn't really expect that. LOL.
Seems to me, all oil companies have boffins who live and breathe oil
on a molecular level, and understand exactly what happens when the
formula changes! If they had said up front "the oil is changing to suit
modern engines, you need our new Classic line, $2 a quart more, but
isn't your baby worth it?" that would be that, at least for naive folk like
me.

Or, did the companies just figure no-one would really catch on if a few
25+ year old engines started wearing out?

Jeff

===     http://www.vtr.org