[TR] manifold studs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] manifold studs
From: Tom Note <tom628@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 17:34:53 -0600 (CST)
I'm installing Richard Good's triple ZS maniflod on our '76 TR6, and I like to
replace hardware wherever possible.
When I removed the existing manifolds, some of the studs stayed in the head,
while 3 others (3/8-24) came out with the nuts.
I tried to remove the nut from one of the studs, but stopped before I ruined
the stud.
Ideally, I'd like to remove and replace all the studs in the head. Is that
feasible with out special tools?
If so, should new studs be installed with red Locktite into the head, and
anti-sieze on the external threads?
   --Or should I just leave well enough alone , and put everything back the way
it came out?

Thanks,
Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org