[TR] Timing chain - update!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Timing chain - update!
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 05:20:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List + Adrian!

From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones...>
++++++++++++++++
Suggestion: Purchase
2- Timing Chain Tensionors
2- Timing Chain Gaskets
1- Timing Chain
1- Cam Shaft Nut locking Plate

I figured that you have already removed ALL of the old
Timing Chain Gasket before you install the T-Chain
Tensionor.
Set engine to TDC & make sure the cam is in the
correct position (#7 &8 Rocker arms should be closed
fully. Thus sitting on the side of their lobes ready
to open). Install tensioner & New chain checking that
the Cam & Crank Sprockets match up correctly. BTW- Do
NOT remove the Woodriff Key & prefurably not the Crank
Sprock either. Install the Gasket on the T-Cover &
assemble. I HOPE that you marked the order or the
bolts when you 1st removed the T-Cover, because there
is one (1) short bolt that is to be placed back in the
came hole as before, as written on my repair manual.

Then next time your T-Chain Tensioner breakes Then
just install the new tensionor & check that the
Sprockets are in proper alignemt.
Remember that this is ONLY a suggestion & it's your
car so you can di things differently if you wish.

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org