RE: [TR] RE: speedometer calibration

To: "Triumphs Digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] RE: speedometer calibration
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:58:40 -0700
> Does anyone know where I could get a 'ratio adapter' for a TR6 - and if so,
> where - between the speedometer and overdrive - would it be installed?
>
> My local speedometer calibration shop blanched and said they wouldn't know
> what to do with a TR6 - they didn't have any adapters for vintage cars.

Hmmm, well, that was going to be my suggestion.  My local speedo shop has no
idea what a TR3 is either, but said they could make up an adapter for anything.
As I understand it, they start with a (new) speedo cable that fits your car,
then cut it in the middle and terminate the cut ends to suit their box.  The box
just hangs on the cable, so it can be wherever you like ... under the dash
behind the speedo or in the engine compartment.

Maybe you should call around to some other shops ?  If that doesn't work, try :

North Hollywood Speedometer & Clock Co.
6111 Lankershim Blvd.
No. Hollywood, CA 91606
(818) 761-5136