Re: [TR] colors

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] colors
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:17:21 -0700
Randall wrote:
> And FWIW, I think anyone who is restoring a TR with an eye towards what it
> will be worth afterwards ... is in the wrong hobby !
>
> Randall

Yeah, they should probably be restoring a Chevelle SS or Dodge Charger with
a Hemi. :-)

>From what I've been told, if a car has never been painted, it's worth more
than if it has been regardless of the color.  Not the case with my car. When
it was time to pick a color for my TR3A, I wanted something that would
reflect the original character of the car yet stand out just a little from
all the red, white and black TR3's that are at all the events.  The wife
said it had to go with the interior. I ended up selecting an Acura black
that had a blue metalic flake in it. It works for me, and the wife, that's
all that counts.  If there's a moral to this story, it's first decide on
what you are trying to achieve, then the color will pick itself. (or
something like that).
HTH, Bob

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org