Re: [TR] TR6 Hardtop Questions???

To: Ray Tedder <rtedder101@cox.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Hardtop Questions???
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 20:13:35 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
-----Original Message-----
>From: Ray Tedder <rtedder101@cox.net>
>Subject: [TR] TR6 Hardtop Questions???
edited

>1)       When installing the hard top to rear deck seal, the one that fits
>in the channel, the lip apparently goes toward the rear.  Is that correct?

No, the lip goes to the inside on the used original that I have.

>2)       When installing the side seals, the flat side apparently is glued
>to the hardtop so that the lip points to the outside.  Is that correct?

The side seals are missing.  I would assume that the lip would be to the inside
due to the orientation of the rear seal.

>3)       The clip used to secure the trim strips is attached with a 1/8" pop
>rivet; should the nose piece fit inside the clip?  What size should be used?

The rivets for the trim are 5/16" in diameter for the head portion.

>      Even the 1/16" doesn't fit inside the clip.
>
>Thanks

Your welcome,

Greg Perry

===     http://www.vtr.org