Re: [TR] Miatas

To: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Miatas
From: John Wise <60TR3A@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:00:59 -0700
At 8:07 PM -0400 6/6/06, Terry Smith wrote:
>As a slightly different wrinkle, I agree with the one who said that
>the part of love for these LBC's is paying the dues to keep them on
>the road.  My own '59 TR3A frame off has been three years of dues
>paying.  Uhm, and paying by check too....
>
>Anywy, my son is 12 years old, getting interested in cars, and wants
>my TR3A "when you die."  I'm just over 50, so to him that means
>soon.  He's helped me after a fashion, and is getting interested in
>cars for when he can drive.
>
>What kind of sports car that is contemporary today would be good for
>him to start with, one that doesn't require a lot of maintenance
>now, when he doesn't have the skills or time for it, but which later
>he can look back to as a fun car he'd like to have again when he
>gets to be my (our) age?  As much as I love my TR3A, I doubt it will
>be much good in another 40 years.

In the 90's my kids (and I) had a rubber bumper Midget and a rubber bumper MGB

Now days for an 18 year old I would go for a Miata (reliability &
safety) or a rubber bumper MGB (fun).  For a 20 something I would go
for a normally aspirated Porsche 944 (fast and fun).

John

--
John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ