RE: [TR] A-arm question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] A-arm question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:00:31 -0700
> Thank You Dave for confirming this info. The reason
> that I asked this question is that you & Randall both
> mentioned that you measured a TR4 arm, But you didn't
> state if it was a TR4/A arm or not. Which I & you
> agree are different.

Well, I disagree.  Late TR4 used the same upper A-arms as TR4A through TR6.

> Therfore my last question is:
> When doing the measurement on the A-arms, Was that
> really a TR4 A-arm or a TR4/A A-arm?

To the best of my knowledge, the arms I measured came from a late TR4, late
enough to also have the spacers between the axle and the rear springs.
(Which according to the Moss catalog, would make it after CT23382.)
Unfortunately, I didn't record the commission number when I cut the car
apart, but it definitely had a TR4 frame under it.  And the arched rear
springs & spacers are still hanging on the wall in my garage (not for sale).

But since that was 30-some years ago, and I didn't tag the parts when they
went into the bins, it's possible I'm confused/mistaken.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org