Swapping out Strombergs for SUs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Swapping out Strombergs for SUs
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:06:11 -0800
I'm going to have to be one of those who has no problem with the
Strombergs on my TR6, either.  I have also owned an MGA with SU's.  I
find both to be easy to adjust.  The SU's a little easier because there
are fewer adjustments.  But the Strombergs, or mine anyway, have been
maintenance free for the last 10 years.  The trick is to figure what
openings are connected and what each does and how it affects the
mixture.  I am a seat-of-the-pants adjuster, I do it old school.  I make
small adjustments one at a time, starting with both carbs set the same,
and keeping track of changes and what happens.  Yes this takes a long
time.  I probably made adjustments for months, but once I got it set-up
I haven't had to do anything.  I also subscribe to lean-best-idle method
of mixture adjustment.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6 Daily Driver

===     http://www.vtr.org