Re: Door striker adjustment on TR4

To: richhalpern@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door striker adjustment on TR4
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:00:48 EST
In a message dated 12/14/2005 3:09:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
richhalpern@comcast.net writes:

> Is there a way to move the striker out further, or another adjustment I am
> missing?

Rich,
I have had problems with the fit on both doors on the 62 TR4 due to an
amateur frame off restoration. I have had some success by adjusting the front
hinges
as well as the striker plates. At least I can get them to shut!  A lot of
people claim that TR4's in general were known for poor body panel fit.  Not so
with the 63 TR4 which has never been restored and is a "Factory Build".  All
the
panels including the doors, wings, and boot lid fit great. Decent gaps all
the way around.
Good Luck,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org