RE: TR4 Wire Wizards?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Wire Wizards?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:47:09 -0800
> RH turn lamp is where I might get confused.  Both
> wires are original, covered with cloth, uncut and long enough to make
> it to the
> harness so if I connect the ground to the clip on that side I will
> have a bunch
> of extra wire hanging there.
> It makes it confusing for me

One possibility is that the RH lamp has been replaced with one from a TR3A or
similar.  They used an apparently identical lamp, except dual-filament for both
turn and "side" lights.  Normally with three long wires, but I've seen them with
the ground wire absent.  The same lamp was used on many British cars of the
period in both single and dual filament configurations, and with either clear,
amber or red glass.  And I have been sold the wrong part before, on the basis of
"They're all the same" <G>

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org