RE: Triumphant day

To: "Andrew Frink" <drewfrink@mac.com>, "triumphs"
Subject: RE: Triumphant day
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:18:11 -0700
> Now to make sure the POs alternator
> conversion is actually alternating (how I do that, I have no idea--
> another adventure in auto maintenance 101).

Hopefully he either hooked it up to the original ammeter, or installed a
voltmeter.  If the ammeter shows charge (and shows discharge if you turn the
lights on with the engine not running), then the alternator must be working.  Or
if the voltmeter indicates over 13 volts after the engine has been running a
bit, the alternator is working.

If neither gauge is present/working; hook a voltmeter (or digital multimeter)
across the battery with the engine running at a fast idle.  Should rise to
around 14 volts, anything over 13 indicates the alternator is alternating.

Randall