re: TR4A diz vacuum advance

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: TR4A diz vacuum advance
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:31:48 EDT
January,
the 2-6-3 vacuum unit has the 2-6-3 spring inside - that's the only
difference between dozens and dozens of identical looking vacuum units.
good used or nos 2-6-3s are very hard to find.
you might take a good unit and have distributor rebuilder swap springs.
i've seen diy-ers cut the crimp off perimeter and band or 6-bolt it back
together.
I got lucky and found a nos item.
good luck!
ps; I ran the wrong distrib for years.. could be why my piston rings ended up
out the tail pipe..
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

However, the 2-6-3 vacuum unit on the 'correct' diz is bent and air
draws through it - not usable or rebuildable, so I cobbled it together
with the old one but it doesn't run as well as before.