TR4A diz vacuum advance

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A diz vacuum advance
From: "January Williams" <january@chemeketa.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:29:07 -0700
Sadly I had to haul the 4A home on a flatbed awhile back. I thought it
was the coil went out, but it proved to be the dizzy cap. In the process
I figured it was a good time to switch my dizzy from the 41212 / vac
4-14-8 to the 40795 from my spare engine. On examination the 41212 had
10 degree centrifugal weights and was missing a spring - the heavier
one. However, the 2-6-3 vacuum unit on the 'correct' diz is bent and air
draws through it - not usable or rebuildable, so I cobbled it together
with the old one but it doesn't run as well as before.
So - anyone have a 2-6-3 vacuum unit they wouldn't mind parting with ??

BTW, my other spare turns out to be a 40284 which is listed in the Lucas
pdf as a DM2P4 for 54-55 Austin Metropolitan. - free to good home

January
66 TR4A CTC74217 LO