RE: A show of hands, please

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A show of hands, please
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:37:37 -0700
> <SIGH> I would have, except the Stag had a blow out last weekend - no
> damage to the car

You were lucky, Raymond.  I tried to drive a few hundred miles on the old tires
that were on my Stag when I bought it ... when the left rear let go on the
freeway, the belts stripped all the paint off the fender by the time I got the
car stopped.

There's a good article about tire age at
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=41
plus a link at the bottom to a page that tells you how to determine the age of
the tires currently on your car.

If the above link doesn't work (you may have to cut n paste it back together),
then go to
http://www.tirerack.com
and click on "Tech Center" under "Popular Links".  Then click on "Determining
the Age of a Tire".

Randall