Re: Compression test how to

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net (triumphs)
Subject: Re: Compression test how to
From: "pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:46:32 -0500
> And (please, someone, correct me if I'm wrong), it's a
> good idea to perform such a test on a thoroughly warmed-up
> engine.

Just make sure it is not an overheated car with carbon in
the cylinders.  Many years ago I had my neighbor's Chev
6-cylinder in one day trying to figure out what was wrong
with it.  I was using the push-in style of compression
checker.  On maybe the third cylinder I checked, the darn
thing dieseled!  I should have been wearing shooter's muffs.
 There was a sound like a .45 automatic and my hand was
pushed back by the tester.  Fair stopped my heart.  I walked
around for a while with my ears ringing like after a Spinal
Tappets concert.

Phil Ethier