Compression test how to

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Compression test how to
From: drewfrink@mac.com
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:03:40 -0600
To further highlight my lack of automotive knowledge, I was wondering if anyone
could point me in the direction of some instructions on how to do a compression
test on my TR4. I have a compression guage, but don't know how to use it yet.
After I do my fluid change/topup next week, I want to run a good test and gap
plugs, check points (assuming I can figure that one out) and essentially
baseline where the engine is right now. I think I'm making myself paranoid, so
I want to make sure I know what's going on with the heart of the beast.

Thanks,
-Drew
--
Andrew Frink