RE: VTR 2005

To: "'John Innis'" <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: VTR 2005
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 08:44:08 -0700
Let me define Huxley for you and see what you think:

Frame off restoration in 1995 so it's not as crisp as it once was, but
still nice (I think).

-Early Mk1 (FC4505L)
-Mk3 1296 engine highly modified according to Kas Kastner's Competition
Preparation Manual
-Electronic Fuel Injection
-MkIV full synchro 3-rail OD gearbox
-Spit 1500 seats with Houndstooth upholstery
-Spit 1500 3.89 rear end
-Painted aluminum cubbies on both sides
-Chrome roll bar
-Minilite replica wheels
-"Vista" tubular chromed grill piece

There are a host of other (not correct) items that are on the car which
would render it ineligible for concours judging.  I don't know what a
Modified concours class means.  That would seem like an oxymoron to me.
So I would likely just stick to the participant's choice judging and let
the people there decide if my car deserves an award.  But whether it
wins or not, it is how I like it and isn't that what counts?

Joe