Battery Recommendation, Please

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery Recommendation, Please
From: Dave Speed <dspeed@4speeds.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:04:07 -0700
What is the current thought on batteries for these guys?

I'm not going to spring for the external connection do-dah, but I'd rather
a black beast that fills the battery box on a TR3 and would hopefully last
a long time with less than frequent use.  I saw the Interstate model at:

http://www.ibsa.com/estore/view_product_detail.asp?part_number=C27-XHD&mscssid=QEJQR5TFR8KQ9NGQ1JFJHP0BK1U82AE3&js=1

but didn't see an obvious warranty or any usser feedback.

Also, I've been thinking of adding one of those solid state trickle
chargers under the dash with perhaps a cycle timr to give 'er a touch of
juice daily (since lead acid automotive batteries typically self-discharge
at 1% a day (or used ot - stuff changes faster yhan I get refreshed <grin>)).

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo Possum