RE: Steering Rack

To: "'John Gumkowski'" <johngumkowski@sbcglobal.net>, "triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Steering Rack
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:02:45 -0800
John,
You didn't describe how much you can move the rack, but my guess is that you
have a worn spot in the rack. Options are to have a good mechanic restore the
rack, or get a refurb unit from The Big 3. I also suggest you replace the
mounts as well.

You can either replace the bushings or go to the aluminum hard mounts that TB3
sells.

Mel from the San Diego TR club wrote a neat trick on how to install the
bushings:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/tr6-steering-rack.html

Remember to have the front end alignment checked when you're done.

Have fun, and merry xmas.
John