RE: stuck head on TR2

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: stuck head on TR2
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:13:29 -0400
Cc: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> i6THF6t2032274
Message text written by "Randall"
>The fitting is available commercially ... or what I use is the hose &
fitting from my compression gauge.  The fitting at the gauge end is a
standard 1/8" NPT so a 1/8 - 1/4 bushing from Home Depot lets me put an
air-line quick connect on it.<

That make it simple.  Even with all that and fabricating a special tool to
compress the springs (although you could use a couple of long screwdrivers
if you are VERY carefull) is still less work than pulling the head.  Even
if it isn't stuck.

I was also told that the air pressure will force the piston to the bottom
if its stroke so turning the engine to BDC will eliminate any suprises if
you left it in gear.

Dave