Help on TR6. (and I got to tell someone about the fantastic meeting we j

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help on TR6. (and I got to tell someone about the fantastic meeting we just had!)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:23:11 +0100
Hi Folks
A friend of mine has a US spec TR6 which he wants to convert to Injection.
All the bits are available from his next door neighbour who has a spares car
to dispose of! What I would like to know is did the TR6 have a swirl chamber
in the tank like the injected saloons, and if so was it present on the US
spec carburetted cars, or was it omitted to save money the same as the
carburetted saloons. Or, do we need to swap the tanks over or will the tank
from his non injection car be the same.
Thanks in advance.

We just had one of our best monthly meetings for quite a while 19 people!
Our friend had his TR recently re-patriated from Germany (previously the
US), a new member with a Spitfire 1500, a visitor from the mainland with a
2500S Saloon plus some old faces that are infrequent visitors to the
meetings.
Whilst we were stood in the car park admiring the view, an Austin 1800
(Landcrab) which I had tooted and waved to on Sunday pulled in, the owner
said he has a friend that had to retire from driving and has lots of
Triumphs and associated bits to clear out so it looks like a visit to check
that out will be in order,
Sorry about the over enthusiasm, I can't help it!

Graham.

---