september CO conclave show/questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: september CO conclave show/questions
From: "Tobin, Greg" <Greg.Tobin@trizetto.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:44:52 -0600
   Hi all-

   I'm clearing out my garage and the results of 18 years of assorted
Spitfire/GT6 parts, and am going to bring a bunch of stuff up to the
Colorado Conclave show in September.   I don't want to come home with any of
the parts (and would like to get rid of stuff, or have it earmarked for
people ahead of time), so I'm posting a list of stuff here, and anyone
interested in it, I'll tag it for you- or ship it if you want.  I'm located
in Colorado Springs if the description below of the gutted and rusty shell
gets you in the mood to crank up a sandblaster...(^:

 I really don't want to pack it all for selling on eBay though, since some
of it really isn't saleable there (engine/trans, body, etc), and I've got a
bit lot of stuff....  (^:

    First, I've got a 79 Spitfire 1500 w/overdrive, runs & drives nice, I've
owned it since 86 (my second car!), ~70K miles, no top, missing bumper
covers.  It's been sitting in my garage since 93, but I've taken it out,
replaced all the hoses, belts, and such.  Driven it around for a number of
miles this past month.  Seats look ok, but they and the carpet need to be
replaced, they stink like cat...  Send me an email and I can give you the
complete list of specs on it.  ~2000$

    Next I've got a GT6 shell/frame (no hood/hatch, sorry!)  Body is well,
not very good at all, and I should really just throw it away.  Frame is
dented, and has been tweaked in the past.  Gutted, pretty rusty, and nothing
of value in it.   Should I bother bringing this or scrap it???

   GT6 motor/trans.  Unknown running condition, I've never seen it spin, so
who knows even what's inside of it!  Seriously, the head is off, so it has
pistons, and it's pretty much complete (no carbs though.)  The trans spins
and shifts, but same story, I've never seen it in a car.

    GT6 doors, seats, lots of lights, wiring harness, misc gauges, elec
parts, suspension pieces, lucas bulbs (7"), weber parts, 2 GT6
radiators-just boiled out & tested last week, misc other stuff.

  Let me know if you might want it, and I'll set it aside for you before the
show, or maybe come get it beforehand!

Greg Tobin
72 Mark IV
70 GT6+