RE: Reasonably priced geared starters in Europe?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Reasonably priced geared starters in Europe?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:48:42 -0700
> RevingtonTR has them for GBP202.69, which is well over EUR300...
> Moss Europe have them for a slightly more reasonable EUR275.58, which I
> think is still a lot of money considering it's only a ligthly modified
> standard Japanese starter.

Just a small point ... but "lightly modified" includes a custom-made pinion
gear that is unique to the pre-50000 TRs.  Such things are not cheap !

My suggestion is to contact Ted Schumacher at TSi, and see if he would be
willing to supply just the pinion gear and perhaps the mounting plate to
you.  You might start by asking what it would cost to have the entire unit
shipped to you, the answer may surprise you, especially given how weak the
USD is against the Euro at the moment.

Randall