Re: Reasonably priced geared starters in Europe?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reasonably priced geared starters in Europe?
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:03:19 -0700
Eric K. wrote:

>After reading many happy stories from people who installed one of those
>new-fangled high torque geared starters, I'm about ready to get one
>myself. I've seen US suppliers which do not seem too expensive, but by the
>time it arrives here, with all the shipping costs, taxes and import duties
>added, a starter motor would cost me at least 50% more than what I paid
>the supplier....

FWIW -- this eBay listing has an email address for the seller.  He shows
he has gear-reduction starters for early TR3s and appears to have prices
well below the major suppliers you mention.  You might get a quote with
shipping just to see what it comes to.  I have no personal knowledge of
this guy and NFI of course.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2482532875&category=10076&sspagename=WDVW

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A