* TR3 Crapped Out Again *

To: "Wayne Brazinski" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Subject: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:44:13 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i5ICkqgs001444
Message text written by "Wayne Brazinski"
>I did the following which appeared to help, but really did not:

1) Adjusted the valves which was necessary
2) Replaced the spark plugs with Champion
3) Put back on the distributer cap and wires that came with the car
4) Replaced umpteen rotors
5) Removed the Pertronix electric points and put in new points and
condensor
6) Timed the engine statically
<

I do not see on the list

7) Replace coil
8) Regap spark plugs.

The coil is just a guess but it is worth considering.  The plugs gave me a
similar problem.  I had gapped my plugs a bit wide thinking it would
improve performance.  The car ran fine most of the time but under certain
conditions it would misfire.  I did a bunch of things but what really fixed
ti was setting the gap to what the book says which is .025.  This is quite
a bit less than what is typically used in todays cars and it is possible
that the new plugs you installed were factory gapped to something closer to
.040.  Unless you have a high performance coil your car will not like this
gap.

Good luck

Dave