Setting Front Suspension Height

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Setting Front Suspension Height
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:25:27 EDT
I'm replacing the upper A arm bushings in my '60 TR3A (the original rubber
ones were totally shot!).  The Haynes manual instructs not to fully tighten the
two nuts on either side of the bushings until the car is on the ground with
driver and passenger inside, "so as to allow the suspension to be set at normal
working height."

How will one know if normal working height has been achieved?  Is there
something to be measured, or is it just a matter of tightening the nuts once
the
car is "loaded"?

TIA,

Bill Stagg