Clutch grief!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch grief!!
From: Stephen and Janyce <jsellis@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:26:20 -0700
I think I may have this figured out , but I need someone to pat me on the head
and say I'm right! There is air getting in to the clutch hydraulics. My
thinking is that the logical place for it to get in would be the master
cylinder. All other fittings in the line are tight and showing no sign of
leakage,hose is new and there is no leakage at the slave cylinder. We've bled
the system a couple of times and the clutch comes back but slowly disappears
after can hour or so of driving. Apparently this cylinder had a kit put in it a
year or so ago, but my understanding is that this is not the way to go.HELP.
                                               Thanks, Steve Ellis
                                                   '60  3a