Re: Adding Overdrive to TR6

To: "David Soknacki" <soknacki@soknacki.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Adding Overdrive to TR6
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:15:37 -0600
At 04:37 PM 3/28/04, David Soknacki wrote:

>Are there any owners out there who have 'upgraded' from the 4 speed to
>overdrive? Is it only worth doing when you need to replace the transmission
>anyway? Or are there no longterm problems caused by cruising at highway
>speeds with the regular transmission?

I put an early TR6 transmission with overdrive (from a 69, A-Type) in my 74
TR6 in 1983. It was a very simple installation. It is definitely worth
doing, as the car happily cruises at 3500 in 4th overdrive, which with my
tires, works out to about 85 mph. At the same time, if you choose not to
buy an overdrive, you should know that the stock not cause any longterm
problems or concerns.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58