Re: check out this honda site. really.

To: "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: check out this honda site. really.
From: "John Peacock" <mnypitgarage@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:02:47 -0400
Cc: "Triumph Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
"There are few cheap, impressive improvements
that can be done.  Most of the mods done to these cars consist of loud
exhaust, lowered suspensions and some modest engine control reprogramming
which yields modest improvements."

Not so.  I have taken my Z28 from 287rwhp to nearly 350rwhp with less than
$1000.  This includes powder coating them all too.  Modified the suspension
substantially because as everyone probably knows the factory suspension is
so bad and I have around $2000 total invested(hp and suspension combined)
and have yet to come up against any Honda that can even come close to
keeping up with me on any road, twisty or not, and mine is an automatic.  It
runs mid 12s and I drive it 500 miles a week to and from work.  It is
comfortable, has a decent stereo and a lot of creature comforts.  There are
a list of free mods that will yeild nearly 20rwhp also.

Try getting those numbers out of a TR that cheap.  Yeah I know power to
weight and all that, but lets face it, the aftermarket for newer cars is so
extensive that the prices are relatively cheap and a nice example can be had
for less than $5000 in decent shape.

Would I rather drive any triumph, Hell yes.  That is ANY triumph.  Would I
like to have my TR8 back that could probably give this a heluva run for its
money, HELL YEAH.  But I have to get to work every day to pay for it all so
I have to drive modern for that purpose.

The lack of Triumph in my driveway is overwelming.