Re: engine knock

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine knock
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:58:54 -0600
Charles,
How was your oil pressure before you noticed this problem? If it was
lower than normal you may have bad cam bearings. But they would have to
be really bad to cause things to bind as much as you describe. I suspect
Bob's diagnosis is probably the right one but while your in there check
the cam bearings if they are bad enough they will make the chain loose
etc...

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet