re: Mosport

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Mosport
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:32:23 -0400 +SPRs MIAS5EXFG4, MIAS5AUFPV and DHAG4Y6R7W, MATTEST |November 8th, 2002) at 07/01/2003 04:35:18 PM
Irv Korey wrote:

>It WAS pretty neat to have Kas Kastner come up to me on the false grid on
>Sunday and offer encouragement, as I was getting ready to go out in my
>patched up TR4. What an incredible man, and his wife Peggy is wonderful as
>well.

    I was up at Mosport and got a picture of Kas working
on Joe Alexander's TR4. That's some high-priced help!  I
was also able to snag a seat at the banquet with the Kastners,
Paul Richardson, the Alexanders and the Fryes - some great
company.
     In the Triumph/MG Challenge race, a Triumph came out on
top - congratulations to Tony Drews (TR4) for his win. 2nd
place was an MGB, with a TR8 taking 3rd and "Uncle" Jack Drews
coming in 4th after starting at the back of the field when his
TR4 initially failed to start.  Jack also received the "Kas
Kastner Award" for his Triumphant efforts.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH/ 1300 miles this
weekend including 2 laps of Mosport - Ain't life grand?