Re: TR3 Timing Marks

To: bbrewer@qnet.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Timing Marks
From: Bob Annand <bobannand@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:10:46 -0300
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I believe that you will find that the hole is in all your pulley parts
and the fan.
It was put there after your fan was balanced as an unit. If you
substitute parts,
you are supposed to fill in the holes and rebalance the unit. You then
drill a new
hole through the balanced unit. I am not making this up!! It all comes
from the
factory TR2/3 manual. I am just wading through this section as I have
discovered
that my fan extension bolt is sheared off in the crank.
Bob
1960 TR3 TS57799L