Re: Rotating rear view mirror doesn't help

To: Ryoung@navcomtech.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotating rear view mirror doesn't help
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:45:19 EST
Randal,

I think that you may have hit upon the problem that I am having.  You mention
that the last bend, on the stem before the mirror, was parallel to the base.
Well, mine is different.  The last bend drops 15-20 degrees below a line
drawn parallel with the base.  Was there another style mirror/base
configuration manufactured at the same time.

The odd thing is that the "later" style mirror that I have was the same way,
I broke off the last length of the small bend on the stem, trying bend it
parallel with the base.  I re-drilled the ball and epoxied it in place and it
works fine, I may end up doing the same thing with this mirror unless someone
comes up with a better idea.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A TS58399