RE: Rotating rear view mirror doesn't help

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rotating rear view mirror doesn't help
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:00:07 -0800
Gary, I noticed an original (early) mirror in the parts bin today and took a
look at it.  The stem just before the ball is parallel to the base, which
would put it horizontal when installed on the car.  When centered, the glass
is at right angles to the base; it will pivot roughly 30 degrees either up
or down from that position.

I will comment that I run my mirror near the top of it's adjustment range,
and I'm only 5'10".  It's not a problem, except that I can't turn it high
enough to not see bright headlights behind me.  Are you sure the base is
flat against the cowl ?  Could the cowl be bent ?

Randall