RE: TR3 Radiator cap

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Radiator cap
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:51:42 -0800
> What poundage of radiator cap have you found works best on a TR3?

Don't forget, the original radiator takes a special "long reach" cap.  AFAIK
they are only available in 4 psi versions (as original).  Don't be tempted
by that Stant listing that shows a 7 psi cap for a TR3, it doesn't fit.
(BTDT)

I run about 7 psi, but I had to make my own cap to do it.  The heater core
is the weakest link, too much pressure will destroy it and potentially dump
hot water all over your lap.  Since my car doesn't have one, I didn't worry
about it <g>

Randall