RE: TR3 steering box/bumper strut bracket

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 steering box/bumper strut bracket
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 14:13:09 -0800
Jim, I can't find an illustration of that bracket anywhere either.  It was
apparently added with the introduction of the TR3A.  Somehow you've got the
wrong bolt with it, the bolt through the bracket, spacer, bumper/apron
support bracket, frame and radiator protector should be 4-5/8" long, 3/8 UNF
(Stanpart HB.0937).  I believe a lockwasher and plain nut go inside the
radiator protector.  The 3-1/4" bolt goes in the other hole through the
bumper/apron bracket (HB.0926).

The parts catalog calls it a stiffening bracket, so I'd guess that's what it
does <g>

Randall